Wednesday 20 February 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katerina Kroupova in Olomouc and Ophelie Winter.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bagpuss.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1974 ?
- Katerina Kroupova in Olomouc: Czechoslovakia; tennis star (1994 Futures-Sofia-Bulgaria).
- Ophelie Winter: French singer and daughter of Dutch singer David-Alexandre Winter.
- Karim Bagheri: Iranian footballer and manager.
- Ophélie Winter: French actress and singer.
- David Monrad Johansen: Norwegian composer (Born 1888).
- Cher files for separation from husband Sonny Bono
- Gordie Howe comes out of retirement for US$1 million from Houston Aeros, WHA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- David Essex - Rock On
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?