Saturday February 2, 1974US date format: 2/2/1974, UK date format: 2/2/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Cassar and J R.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Thieves Like Us, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The First Deadly Sin by Lawrence Sanders was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kli-Kla-Klawitter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1974 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Jeff Cassar: Soccer goalkeeper (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- J R: Conrad; offensive tackle/guard (New York Jets).
- David Buck in Honolulu: Hawaii; kayak (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Imre Lakatos: Hungarian mathematician philosopher and academic (d. 1974).
- Pope Paul VI encyclical "To Honor Mary".
- Smallest crowd at Cleveland Arena, Ohio (1641 - Cleveland Cavaliers versus Golden State Warriors).
- The F-16 Fighting Falcon flies for the first time.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Temptations - Let Your Hair Down
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
- Al Green - Livin' For You
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Lamont Dozier - Trying To Hold On To My Woman
- What It Comes Down To - The Isley Brothers
- The Moments - Sexy Mama
- "Joy" Pt. I - Isaac Hayes
- Natural Four - Can This Be Real
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?