Friday 8 February 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Seth Green and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love's Theme by Love Unlimited Orchestra.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Nickel Mountain by John Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carrie's War.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 February 1974 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Seth Green: Movie Actor.
- Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo: French disc jockey (Daft Punk).
- Joshua Morrow: TV Actor.
- Kim Murphy
- Susan May Pratt
- Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo: French musician of Portuguese descent, member of Daft Punk.
- Kimbo Slice: American mixed martial artist.
- Ulises de la Cruz: Ecuadorian footballer and politician.
- Chris Waitt: English singer and director.
- Good Times, debuts on CBS TV
- Soap opera Secret Storm ends a 20 year run
- Seth Green is born; American actor (Austin Powers movies, voice of Chris, Griffin in Family Guy), creator of Robot Chicken TV series.
- Military coup in Upper Volta.
- After 84 days in space, the crew of Skylab 4, the last crew to visit American space station Skylab, returns to Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?