Friday February 1, 1974US date format: 2/1/1974, UK date format: 1/2/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Marie Scott and Richard Dalla Rosa.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Thieves Like Us, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Portrait Of A Marriage by Nigel Nicolson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kli-Kla-Klawitter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1974 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Lisa Marie Scott: Pensacola, Florida -- Playmate (Feb, 1994).
- Richard Dalla Rosa
- Walter McCarty: American basketball player and coach.
- Jennifer Lien: Actress (Hannah Moore-Another World).
- Randy Josselyn in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Fever Lake, Andy Colby's Incredible Adventure).
- David Meca: Spanish long distance swimmer.
- Lynda Ann Healy is abducted in Seattle: Washington (first Ted Bundy murder victim).
- Good Times (spinoff from Maude) premieres on CBS TV
- Kuala Lumpur is declared a Federal Territory.
- A fire in the 25-story Joelma Building in Sao Paulo, Brazil kills 189 and injures 293.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Temptations - Let Your Hair Down
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
- Al Green - Livin' For You
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Lamont Dozier - Trying To Hold On To My Woman
- What It Comes Down To - The Isley Brothers
- The Moments - Sexy Mama
- "Joy" Pt. I - Isaac Hayes
- Natural Four - Can This Be Real
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?