Friday 22 February 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Blunt and Chris Moyles.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bagpuss.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 February 1974 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- James Blunt: British singer born in a family of militaries.
- Chris Moyles: English DJ.
- Kyoko Nagatsuka in Shizuoka Prefecture: Japan; tennis star (1996 Hobart).
- Aaron Gavey in Sudbury: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Nina Flowers: Puerto Rican-American drag queen performer.
- Samuel Byck tries and fails to assassinate U.S. President Richard Nixon.
- Ethiopian police shoot at demonstrators.
- The Organisation of the Islamic Conference summit begins in Lahore, Pakistan. Thirty-seven countries attend and twenty-two heads of state and government participate. It also recognizes Bangladesh.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- David Essex - Rock On
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?