Thursday 20 January 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 20, 1944). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Idwig Stéphane and Eddie Shah.
The Fighting Seabees, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 January 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1944 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Idwig Stéphane
- Eddie Shah: English publisher (Today, Post).
- Isao Okano: Japan -- Middleweight judo (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lieven Soete: Dutch publicist (Molotov-Ribbentrop pact).
- Bill Griffith: Cartoonist.
- Gianni Amelio: Italian film director.
- José Garci: Spanish director and producer.
- Farhad Mehrad: Iranian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2002).
- Jose Luis Garci: Spanish filmmaker.
- James McKeen Cattell: American psychologist (Born 1860).
- RAF drops 2300 ton bombs on Berlin
- The U.S. Army 36th Infantry Division, in Italy, attempts to cross the Rapido River.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Embraceable You - Tommy Dorsey & Jo Stafford & Pied Pipers
- My Shining Hour - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra