Thursday 20 January 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Shah and Isao Okano.
The Fighting Seabees, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1944 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Eddie Shah: English publisher (Today, Post).
- Isao Okano: Japan -- Middleweight judo (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lieven Soete: Dutch publicist (Molotov-Ribbentrop pact).
- Jose Luis Garci: Spanish filmmaker.
- Gianni Amelio: Italian film director.
- José Garci: Spanish director and producer
- Farhad Mehrad: Iranian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2002)
- James McKeen Cattell: American psychologist (Born 1860).
- RAF drops 2300 ton bombs on Berlin
- The U.S. Army 36th Infantry Division, in Italy, attempts to cross the Rapido River.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 January 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?