Thursday January 20, 1944
US date format: 1/20/1944, UK date format: 20/1/1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 20, 1944). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Idwig Stéphane and José Garci.
The Fighting Seabees, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 20, 1944?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- See more
- RAF drops 2300 ton bombs on Berlin
- The U.S. Army 36th Infantry Division, in Italy, attempts to cross the Rapido River.
- James McKeen Cattell: American psychologist (Born 1860).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 20, 1944?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra - My Shining Hour
- Tommy Dorsey & Jo Stafford & Pied Pipers - Embraceable You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial