Tuesday 4 January 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Volker Hornback and Judy Winter.
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 4 January 1944 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Volker Hornback: rocker (Tangerine Dream).
- Judy Winter: German actress, also an activist for people with AIDS.
- Angela Harris: Baroness Harris of Richmond English politician.
- Charlie Manuel: American baseball player and manager.
- Ralph Bunche appointed 1st Negro official in US State Department
- World War II: Operation Carpetbagger, involving the dropping of arms and supplies to resistance fighters in Europe, begins.
- WWII: The Battle of Monte Cassino begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?