Wednesday 5 January 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Felix Arons and Franco Ferrini.
Lifeboat, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 5 January 1944 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Felix Arons: Dutch director / actor (Waaldrecht).
- Franco Ferrini: Italian screenwriter whose works often fall into the genres of horror or thriller.
- Ed Rendell: American lieutenant and politician 45th Governor of Pennsylvania.
- Adolph Goldschmidt: German/Swiss art historian, dies at age 80.
- The Daily Mail becomes the first transoceanic newspaper.
- The ''Daily Mail'' becomes the first transoceanic newspaper.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?