Wednesday 26 January 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angela Davis and Louis Gallois.
Phantom Lady, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1944 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Angela Davis: American philosophy professor and radical activist, in 1970 one of the six women out of 142 people who have been on America's Most Wanted list.
- Louis Gallois: French businessman.
- Roberta Giusti: Italian television announcer and television host, who died in Rome on 21 February 1986.
- Denise Rich: American socialite and diva from her Manhattan to Aspen, Colorado headquarters.
- Jerry Sandusky: American football player and coach.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Shining Hour - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & Jo Stafford & Pied Pipers - Embraceable You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?