Monday April 21, 1980
US date format: 4/21/1980, UK date format: 21/4/1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 21, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca Zlotowski and Vincent Lecavalier.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
On the Nickel, directed by Ralph Waite, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Who'S On First by William F. Buckley Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stockard Channing Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Warlords or Missile Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 21, 1980?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- See more
- Howard Stern begins broadcasting on WWWW Detroit, Michigan
- 84th Boston Marathon won by Bill Rodgers of Massachusetts in 2:12:11.
- Rosie Ruiz wins the Boston Marathon, but is later exposed as a fraud and stripped of her award.
- Aleksandr Oparin: Russian biochemist (Born 1894).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 21, 1980?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Isley Brothers - Don't Say Goodnight (It's Time For Love) (Parts 1 & 2)
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp
- Leon Haywood - Don't Push It Don't Force It
- The Whispers - Lady
- The Gap Band - I Don't Believe You Want To Get Up An Dance (Oops!)
- The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On
- Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
- Smokey Robinson - Let Me Be The Clock
- Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio - Two Places At The Same Time
- Roberta Flack With Donny Hathaway - You Are My Heaven
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 21If April 21, 1980 is your birthday you're 40 years, 5 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 22 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 21, 1980?
On April 21, 1980 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is April 21, 1980?
On April 21, 1980 the zodiac sign was Taurus.
Who was the US President on April 21, 1980?
On April 21, 1980 the US President was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 21, 1980?
On April 21, 1980 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on April 21, 1980?
On April 21, 1980 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on April 21, 1980?
On April 21, 1980 several famous people were born including, Rebecca Zlotowski, Vincent Lecavalier, Tom Franco.
Which famous people died on April 21, 1980?
Famous people died on April 21, 1980 include, Aleksandr Oparin.
What was the number one song in April 21, 1980?
The number one song in the week of April 21, 1980 was Call Me by Blondie in US and Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners in UK.
What were the top hits on April 21, 1980?
The top hits on April 21, 1980 were Call Me by Blondie, Ride Like The Wind by Christopher Cross, Another Brick In The Wall (Part II) by Pink Floyd in US and Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners, Dance Yourself Dizzy by Liquid Gold in UK.