Tuesday 22 April 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aaron Metchnik in Santa Barbara and Monica Flammer in Gainesville.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Buffalo Roam, directed by Art Linson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadow Warriors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rescue at Rigel or Network.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1980!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1980 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Aaron Metchnik in Santa Barbara: California; actor (Stephen - Torkelsons).
- Monica Flammer in Gainesville: Florida; gymnast (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Carlos Hernandez: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Aaron Michael Metchik: American actor.
- Nicolas Douchez: French football/soccer goalkeeper who has played for Paris Saint-Germain in the French Ligue 1 since 2011.
- Nicole Grimaudo: Italian actress who began her career on the Italian television show "Non è la Rai" in 1994-1995, and later moved to TV and cinema films and theatre.
- Rutledge Wood: Sportscaster
- Igor Budan: Croatian footballer
- Clarke Dermody: New Zealand All Black rugby player
- Courtney Friel: American sports & entertainment reporter
- Carlos Hernández: Venezuelan baseball player
- Kora Karvouni: Greek actress
- Aaron Metchik: American actor and director
- Quincy Timberlake: Kenyan-Australian activist engineer and politician
- Fritz Strassmann: German physicist (Born 1902).
- Jane Froman, singer (Jane Froman's USA Canteen), dies at age 72.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?