Wednesday 23 April 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Griffon Ramsey and Marjorie de Sousa.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Buffalo Roam, directed by Art Linson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shadow Warriors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galactic Empire or Pac-Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1980!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1980 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Griffon Ramsey: Performance Artist.
- Marjorie de Sousa: Soap Opera Actress.
- Yana Gupta: Czech model and actress.
- Soviet submarine catches fire off Japan, nine die.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 April 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?