Sunday April 27, 1980
US date format: 4/27/1980, UK date format: 27/4/1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 27, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sybille Bammer and Emily Brydon.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
On the Nickel, directed by Ralph Waite, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Who'S On First by William F. Buckley Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stockard Channing Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Skiing or Time Traveler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 27, 1980?
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 27, 1980?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Ray, Goodman & Brown - Special Lady
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Isley Brothers - Don't Say Goodnight (It's Time For Love) (Parts 1 & 2)
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp
- Leon Haywood - Don't Push It Don't Force It
- The Whispers - Lady
- The Gap Band - I Don't Believe You Want To Get Up An Dance (Oops!)
- The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On
- Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
- Smokey Robinson - Let Me Be The Clock
- Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio - Two Places At The Same Time
- Roberta Flack With Donny Hathaway - You Are My Heaven
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 27If April 27, 1980 is your birthday you're 40 years, 4 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 4 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?