Tuesday 29 April 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kian Egan and Mathieu Biron.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
The Thirty Nine Steps, directed by Don Sharp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Señorita Andrea.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Fighter or Rescue at Rigel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1980!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1980 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Kian Egan: Irish musician and TV presenter, best known as a former member of the boyband Westlife.
- Mathieu Biron: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Luciano Milo: Italian ice dancer.
- Kelly Shoppach: American baseball player.
- Magdalena Tul: Polish singer-songwriter.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Jimmy Ruffin - Hold On To My Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?