Monday June 21, 1982
US date format: 6/21/1982, UK date format: 21/6/1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 21, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Prince William Duke of Cambridge and Benjamin Walker (actor).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
The Secret of NIMH, directed by Don Bluth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while North And South by John Jakes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Something in Disguise.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Shuttle or Chopper Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 21, 1982?
- Paul McCartney releases Take it Away
- Washington DC jury finds John Hinckley Jr innocent by insanity of attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan.
- John Hinckley is found not guilty by reason of insanity for the attempted assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- Prince William is born at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, West London.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 21, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Dazz Band - Let It Whip
- Juice Newton - Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Gap Band - Early In The Morning
- Dazz Band - Let It Whip
- Rick James - Dance Wit' Me - Part 1
- One Way - Cutie Pie
- Bloodstone - We Go A Long Way Back
- The Temptations Featuring Rick James - Standing On The Top-Part 1
- Stevie Wonder - Do I Do
- Paul McCartney And Stevie Wonder - Ebony And Ivory
- Jeffrey Osborne - I Really Don't Need No Light
- Ashford & Simpson - Street Corner
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 21If June 21, 1982 is your birthday you're 38 years, 3 months, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 30 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?