Thursday 21 June 2012US date format: 6/21/2012, UK date format: 21/6/2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 21, 2012). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Ted, directed by Seth MacFarlane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching True Love.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller or Crusader Kings II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 2012
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 June
- Arab Spring:
- Syrian uprising: The pilot of a Syrian MiG 21 fighter plane defects to Jordan after landing in a military air base in northern Jordan. (Al Jazeera)
- In Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, ousted from power in last year's revolution, is reported to be ampquotclinging to lifeampquot as his deterioration adds further to Egyptian uncertainty. (IBN Live)
- Human Rights Watch expresses concern over the Egyptian military's level of commitment to handing over power to civilian rule. (Al Jazeera)
- War on Drugs:
- Mexican Drug War: Mexican marines detain Jesús Alfredo Guzmán Salazar, the son of Joaquín Guzmán Loera (alias ''El Chapo''), Mexico's most-wanted drug lord in the western state of Jalisco. (''The Washington Post'')
- The Uruguayan government announces plans to start selling marijuana in limited amounts to registered users. (RT)
- In Afghanistan, Taliban soldiers invade a hotel in Kabul, kill guests, and hold some hostages. (Reuters)
- U.S. artist LeRoy Neiman, one of the world's most commercially successful contemporary artists and an official painter of five Olympiads famed for his instant renditions of sporting action, dies in New York. (BBC)
- A Lucian Freud self portrait painted on an egg shell is sold at auction to a private collector for £27,000. (BBC)
- Vassilis Rapanos, chairman of Greece's largest private bank, is named finance minister. (RTE)
- Air France announces its decision to cut just under 10% of the total workforce (more than 5,000 jobs) by the end of next year in an attempt to restore profitability. (BBC)
- Moody's downgrades the credit rating of 15 major world banks: UK (Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays and HSBC), US (Bank of America, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan), Rest of world (Credit Suisse, UBS, BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Societe Generale, Deutsche Bank, Royal Bank of Canada and Morgan Stanley). (BBC)
- Avianca, Copa Airlines and TACA Airlines join Star Alliance, becoming the 26th, 27th and 28th member airlines. This will prompt TAM Airlines to transfer to Oneworld in the foreseeable future (Fox Business)
- The US Dow Jones Industrial Average falls by 251 points on the back of weak economic data and poor news from the Eurozone. (CNBC)
- An Indonesian Air Force Fokker 27 crashes in a residential complex in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, killing at least six people. (BBC)
- A boat carrying up to 200 asylum seekers capsizes north of Christmas Island, between Indonesia and Australia with 110 survivors rescued. (AAP via ''Brisbane Times'')
- President of Ecuador Rafael Correa decides on the issue of granting asylum to WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange as Assange remains in the Ecuadorian embassy of London, risking arrest by the British authorities. (Al Jazeera)
- Oakland-based group Courage to Resist asks participants in the 42nd annual Pride parade this Sunday to march in celebration of the imprisoned U.S. serviceman Bradley Manning, imprisoned by the U.S. government for alleged leaking of classified information into the public domain. (''San Francisco Examiner'')
- The father of previous President of Chile Michelle Bachelet was probably tortured to death after the 1973 coup led by Augusto Pinochet, a judge says. (BBC)
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Climax - Usher
- Cashin' Out - Ca$h Out
- Mercy - Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
- Nobody's Perfect - J. Cole Featuring Missy Elliott
- Heart Attack - Trey Songz
- Birthday Cake - Rihanna Featuring Chris Brown
- Beez In The Trap - Nicki Minaj Featuring 2 Chainz
- Lemme See - Usher Featuring Rick Ross
- Crew Love - Drake Featuring The Weeknd
- Another Round - Fat Joe Featuring Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Michel Telo - Ai Se Eu Te Pego
- Follow The Leader - Wisin & Yandel + Jennifer Lopez
- Bailando Por El Mundo - Juan Magan Featuring Pitbull & El Cata
- Espinoza Paz - Un Hombre Normal
- Llamada de Mi Ex - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Amor Confuso - Gerardo Ortiz
- Dutty Love - Don Omar Featuring Natti Natasha
- Hasta Que Salga El Sol - Don Omar
- Si Te Digo La Verdad - Gocho "El Lapiz de Platino"
- Las Cosas Pequenas - Prince Royce
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - Burn It Down
- Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
- Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye Featuring Kimbra
- Tongue Tied - Grouplove
- The Offspring - Days Go By
- Live To Rise - Soundgarden
- Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks
- We Are Young - fun. Featuring Janelle Monae
- Chevelle - Hats Off To The Bull
- Midnight City - M83.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $50.96
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $117.52
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.56
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $21.08
- 1 CHF = 6.6487 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.1867 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9304 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.399 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?