Friday 11 June 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vanessa Boslak and Kamel Chafni.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
Firefox, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle or Space Duel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1982!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 June 1982 ?
- Vanessa Boslak: French pole vaulter of Polish descent.
- Kamel Chafni
- Lil Zane: Rapper.
- Diana Taurasi: Basketball Player.
- Marco Arment: American businessman co-created Tumblr.
- Johnny Candido: American professional wrestler.
- Jacques Freitag: South African high jumper.
- Joey Graham: American basketball player.
- Stephen Graham: American basketball player.
- Reni Maitua: Australian rugby league player.
- Eldar Rønning: Norwegian skier.
- Eldar R?nning: Norwegian cross-country skier.
- Al Rinker: American singer (The Rhythm Boys) (Born 1907).
- Movie ET The Extra-Terrestrial is released (highest grossing film).
- Pope John Paul II visits Argentina
- Israel and Syria stop fighting in Lebanon.
- Larry Holmes defeats Gerry Cooney, retains WBC heavyweight crown.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Toto - Rosanna
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Deniece Williams - It's Gonna Take A Miracle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?