Friday 21 March 1902
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 21, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie James and Carl Jaffe.
Uncle Josh at the Moving Picture Show, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1902!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1902 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Carl Jaffe: Hamburg, Germany -- Actor (1st Man in Space, Escapement).
- Eddie James: "Son" House folk blues musician (Delta Blues).
- William Downie: Forrest journalist.
- Gustav Fröhlich: German actor who landed secondary roles in a number of films and plays before landing his breakthrough role of Freder Fredersen in Fritz Lang's 1927 film "Metropolis.
- Son House: American singer and guitarist (d. 1988).
- Santo Pecora: American trombonist (New Orleans Rhythm Kings) (d. 1984).