Sunday 21 March 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Rohmer and Henri Pellizza.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1920 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Eric Rohmer: French film critic who later made documentaries for French TV.
- Mario Cecchi Gori: Italian film producer and owner of companies.
- Henri Pellizza: French badminton and tennis player, who died in Pau in February 2002.
- Henri Pelizza: France sport Champion.
- Manolis Chiotis: Greek singer-songwriter and bouzouki player (d. 1970).
- Georg Ots: Estonian actor and singer (d. 1975).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet