Monday 17 March 1902, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Jones (golfer) and Bobby Jones Jr.
Uncle Josh at the Moving Picture Show, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1902!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1902 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Bobby Jones (golfer)
- Bobby Jones Jr: Atlanta, Georgia -- PGA golfer (Grand Slam 1930).
- Bobby Jones: American golfer and lawyer (d. 1971).
- George William Warren composer: dies at age 73.
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal AAA beat Winnipeg Victorias, two games to 1.