Thursday 21 March 1901
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carmelita Geraghty and Richard Leslie Hill.
Castellane-De Rodays Duel, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1901 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Carmelita Geraghty: Rushville, Indiana -- Actress (My Best Girl, Texas Ranger).
- Richard Leslie Hill: Historian.
- Gavin Arthur: American astrologer in San Francisco and a leader in the gay liberation movement.
- Curtis) Toto (De: Italy Actor.
- Karl Arnold: German businessman and politician President of the German Bundesrat (d. 1958).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Cindy, I Dreams About You - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?