Wednesday 21 October 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judith Sheindlin and Christopher A Sims.
Went the Day Well?, directed by Alberto Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1942 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Judith Sheindlin: American judge and television host.
- Christopher A Sims
- Elvin Bishop: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Judy Sheindlin: TV Show Host.
- Allan Grice: Australian race car driver and politician.
- Christiane Nusslein-Volhard: Scientist.
- Christopher Sims: American economist and statistician Nobel Prize laureate.
- John Stevens: Baron Stevens of Kirkwhelpington English police officer and academic.
- Lou Lamoriello: American ice hockey player coach and manager.
- Les AuCoin: (Rep-D-Oregon, 1975- ).
- Elvin Bishop in Oklahoma: USA; rocker ("Fooled Around and Fell in Love").