Sunday 26 March 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Ross and Diana Ross [Earle] in Detroit.
It Happened Tomorrow, directed by René Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 March 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1944 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Diana Ross: American singer and Academy-Award nominated actress who was one-third of the elegant Supremes trio in the '60s and went on to become a superstar stylist on her own.
- Diana Ross [Earle] in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer (The Supremes, Lady Sings the Blues, Mahogany).
- Igor Mitoraj: German-Polish sculptor (d. 2014).
- 705 British bombers attack Essen, Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra