Friday 21 October 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Bessy and Roy Nichols.
Three on a Match, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Sheltered Life by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talkie Songs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 October 1932 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Claude Bessy: French ballerino, ballet master of the Paris Opera Ballet (1970-1971) and director of the Paris Opera Ballet School (1972–2004).
- Roy Nichols: American country music guitarist best known as the lead guitarist for Merle Haggard for more than two decades.
- Pál Csernai: Hungarian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?