Wednesday 21 September 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abby Miller and Lavan Davis.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Cherish by The Association.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
The Bible: In the Beginning..., directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1966 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Abby Miller: Reality Star.
- Lavan Davis: TV Actor.
- Kerrin Lee-Gartner: Canadian skier and journalist.
- Ronna Reeves: Big Spring, Texas.
- Paul Reynaud: French politician, a deputy from Brasses-Alpes, 1919, Minister of Finance from 1930 and advocate of the military innovations proposed by De Gaulle.
- 5 of rain falls on New York City
- Jimmy Hendrix changes spelling of his name to Jimi
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Temptations - Beauty Is Only Skin Deep
- Los Bravos - Black Is Black
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?