Tuesday 21 September 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shinzo Abe and Christian Streiff.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Barefoot Contessa, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Bless This House by Norah Lofts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1954 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Shinzo Abe: Japanese politician.
- Christian Streiff
- Julia Grant: British transsexual, born George Roberts, subject of a TV documentary.
- Thomas Ray: American ecologist and academic.
- Philthy Animal [Philip Taylor]: Rock drummer (Motorhead).
- Phil Taylor: English drummer (Motörhead and Waysted) (d. 2015).
- Phil ''Philthy Animal'' Taylor: British musician (Motorhead).
- Shinzō Abe: Japanese lawyer and politician 90th Prime Minister of Japan.
- Mikimoto Kōkichi: Japanese businessman (d. 1954).
- 1st nuclear submarine, USS Nautilus, commissioned
- Kleffens appointed Chairman of General Meeting UN
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?