Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on September 21. From 1900 until now.
September 21 is under the sign of Virgo.
Famous birthdays on this day include Stephen King (1947), Leonard Cohen (1934) and Nicole Richie (1981).
Several movies were released around September 21 over the years, such as The Departed in 2006 directed by Martin Scorsese and The Maltese Falcon in 1941 directed by John Huston.
But much more happened on September 21 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around September 21 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of September 21?
- 2018 Libyan Civil War (2014–present), Battle of Tripoli (2018): The death toll from recent clashes in Tripoli rises to 96. The clashes, which began on August 26, 2018, have also left 444 wounded and 16 missing. (The Washington Post)
- 2017 Syrian Civil War: Russian and Syrian warplanes carry out airstrikes in southern Idlib, killing three civilians and wounding others. (Iraqi News)
- 2016 The Obama administration claims that Russia was responsible for the bombing of a United Nations aid convoy near Aleppo on September 19. Russia denies its involvement. In the aftermath of the attack, the United Nations suspends all aid convoys in Syria. (BBC) (The New York Times)
- 2015 Syrian Civil War, Russia's role in the Syrian Civil War: Government forces target al-Shaar neighborhood in eastern Aleppo city with surface-to-surface missiles, hitting a crowded public market, killing more than 30 civilians and dozens wounded. (Ara News)U.S. officials say Russia has begun flying drones on surveillance missions over Syria in what would be Russia's first military air operations in the country since the recent military build-up at a Syrian airbase in Latakia. (Reuters)
- See more
American prolific writer and...
American actor and comedian, deceptively...
American Pop singer.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 21 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
- 2016 The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey - Closer
- 2015 Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean?
- 2014 Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
- 2013 Katy Perry - Roar
- 2012 Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
- 2011 Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
- 2010 Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- 2008 T.I. - Whatever You Like
- See more
Top #1 Rock songs
- 2017 Imagine Dragons - Believer
- 2016 twenty one pilots - Heathens
- 2015 WALK THE MOON - Shut Up And Dance
- 2014 Tove Lo - Habits (Stay High)
- 2013 Lorde - Royals
- 2012 Green Day - Oh Love
- 2011 Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- 2010 Disturbed - Another Way To Die
- 2009 Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
Which were the most popular books released around September 21 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel