Monday September 21, 1970
US date format: 9/21/1970, UK date format: 21/9/1970
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 21, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rob Benedict and Melissa Ferrick.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Vampire Lovers, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 21, 1970?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- See more
- Monday Night Football premieres on ABC - Browns 31, Jets 21
- Gijsbert Friedhoff: Architect (Wibautstrat tax office).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 21, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin with The Dixie Flyers - Don't Play That Song
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Charles Wright - Express Yourself
- The Spinners - It's A Shame
- The Whispers - Seems Like I Gotta Do Wrong
- The Moments - If I Didn't Care
- Four Tops - Still Water (Love)
- 100 Proof Aged in Soul - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being Like A) Sex Machine (Part 1)
Sport Games on September 21, 1970
- New York Jets - Cleveland Browns : 21 - 31
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free