Sunday 22 December 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luna H Mitani and Giuseppe Bergomi.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while My Darling Clementine by Jack Fishman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Forest Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Luna H Mitani: Japanese American surrealism painter.
- Giuseppe Bergomi: Italian soccer player for Internazionale, and considered one of the best defenders in the sport's history.
- Brian McMillan: South African cricketer and educator.
- Luna Mitani: Japanese-American painter and illustrator.
- Oakland Raiders' Tom Flores passes for six touchdowns vs Houston Oilers (52-49).
- Official 30-day mourning period for US President John F Kennedy ends.
- The cruise ship Lakonia burns 180 miles north of Madeira with the loss of 128 lives.
- Walt Disney releases his 18th feature-length animated motion picture ''The Sword in the Stone'', about the boyhood of King Arthur. It is the penultimate animated film personally supervised by Disney.
- İsmet İnönü of CHP forms the new government of Turkey (28th government, coalition partners independents, İnönü has served 10 ten times as a prime minister, this is his last government)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?