Tuesday 31 December 1963, NewYear’s Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Simmons and Konishiki.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hollywood Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1963 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Ed Simmons: NFL tackle (Washington Redskins).
- Konishiki: American sumo wrestler.
- Stefania Garello: Italian stage, television and film actress, born into a family of Piedmontese origins, who spent a large part of her adolescence in the United States.
- Scott Ian: American musician, best known as the guitarist, lyricist, backing vocalist, and the only remaining original founding member for the thrash metal band, Anthrax.
- Konishiki Yasokichi: American-born Japanese–Samoan former sumo wrestler.
- Dear Abby show premieres on CBS radio (runs 11 years)
- Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir played music together for the 1st time
- Chicago Bears win NFL championship.
- The Central African Federation officially collapses and splits into Zambia, Malawi and Rhodesia.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 December 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Martha and the Vandellas - Quicksand
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?