Wednesday 18 December 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Pitt and Pierre Nkurunziza.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The American Way Of Death by Jessica Mitford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Forest Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1963!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 December 1963 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Brad Pitt: American actor and sex symbol.
- Pierre Nkurunziza: Burundian soldier and politician President of Burundi.
- Isabelle Duchesnay: Canadian pro ice dancer/skater with her brother, Paul, who placed with a Silver Medal in the Albertville Olympics, 2/17/1992.
- Pauline Ester: French singer of Spanish descent (Andalusian mother), very popular between 1989 and 91 thanks to his album "Le monde est fou".
- Charles Oakley: American basketball player and coach.
- Lori McNeil
- Karl Dorrell: American football player and coach.
- Allan Kayser: American actor.
- Rikiya Koyama: Japanese actor.
- Lori McNeil in San Diego: California, USA; tennis star (1995 Oakland doubles).
- Brad Pitt in Shawnee: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Fight Club, Meet Joe Black, Legends of the Fall).
- Nino De Angelo: Nino de Angelo (born Domenico Gerhard Gorgoglione, 18 December 1963) is a German singer who participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 1989 with the song, "Flieger", written by Dieter Bohlen and Joachim Horn-Bernges.
- Norman Brown: American singer and guitarist (BWB).
- Greg D'Angelo: American drummer (White Lion Britny Fox and Pride and Glory).
- Winifried P I Zillig: German Composer / conductor (Opfer), dies at 58.
- Clarke runs world record 10km (28:15.6).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?