Monday 16 December 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benjamin Bratt in California and Silvio Diliberto.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Move Over, Darling, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Forest Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Benjamin Bratt in California: USA; actor (Detective Reynaldo Curtis - Law and Order).
- Silvio Diliberto: WLAF kicker (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Cathy Johnston-Forbes in High Point: North Carolina, USA; LPGA golfer (1990 du Maurier).
- Brian Clark in Brandon: Manitoba, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Morden Pro-Am).
- Benjamin Bratt: American actor whose rise to stardom began with the role as Detective Reynaldo "Rey" Curtis on NBC's Law & Order, in 1995.
- Gianluca Guarischi: Italian politician, a fascist found to be taking bribes and convicted of political extortion on 9/21/2000. Involved in politics from the time he was a youth, he was already a militant under Craxi government, a provincial politician in 1985 before joining the Fascist Party.
- Bärbel Schäfer: German TV host and TV producer.
- Jeff Carson: American singer-songwriter
- James Mangold: American director producer and screenwriter
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?