Friday 22 February 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vijay Singh in Lautoka and Dave Besteman in Madison.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Paula by Paul and Paula.
In UK Diamonds by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan was in the top 5 hits.
How the West Was Won, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching Schwäbische Geschichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1963 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Vijay Singh in Lautoka: Fiji; PGA golfer (1993 Buick Classic).
- Dave Besteman in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; speed skater (Olympics-1994).
- Donald Braswell II: American classical crossover singer.
- Vijay Singh: Fijian professional golfer: PGA Tour.
- Beatles begin their own music publishing company (Northern Songs)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 February 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Ned Miller - From A Jack To A King
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- The Miracles - You've Really Got A Hold On Me
- The Rebels - Wild Weekend
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?