Sunday 23 August 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus-Dietrich Flade and Ernst Savkovic.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Roman Holiday, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Emperor'S Lady by F.W. Kenyon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1953 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Klaus-Dietrich Flade: German FR, Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-14).
- Ernst Savkovic: German footballer.
- Randy Williams: American Olympic track and field athlete, the long jumper won a gold medal at the 1972 games and a silver at the 1976 games.
- Bobby G: English singer-songwriter (Bucks Fizz).
- Kheira Bouziane: French politician.
- John Rocha: Hong Kong-Irish fashion designer
- Dutch DC-6 crashes near Ymuiden in North Sea, 21 die
- Braves Phil Paine is 1st former major leaguer to play in Japan
- Cyclist Arie Van Vliet becomes world champion sprinter
- KBAK TV channel 29 in Bakersfield, CA (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?