Monday 22 February 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Reekie in Victoria and Pat LaFontaine in Saint Louis.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to This Diamond Ring by Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Holger Drachmann, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Life With Picasso by Francoise Gilot and Carlton Lake was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alarm in den Bergen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1965 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Joe Reekie in Victoria: British Columbia, Canada; NHL defenseman (Washington Capitals).
- Pat LaFontaine in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; NHL center (Olympics-1984, New York Islanders, New York Rangers).
- Chris Dudley NBA center (New York Knicks: Portland Trail Blazers).
- Dean Karr: American director and photographer.
- Chris Dudley: American basketball player: center, Trail Blazers.
- John Leslie: Scottish TV presenter who found himself the target of a media witch-hunt when TV weathergirl Ulrika Jonsson published an anonymous story in her autobiography telling of her rape by a TV presenter some years before.
- Kieren Fallon: Irish jockey
- Pat LaFontaine: American ice hockey player
- Felix Frankfurter: Austrian-American lawyer and jurist (d. 1965).
- USSR launches Kosmos 57 into earth orbit (Voskhod Test)
- A new, revised, color production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's ''Cinderella'' airs on CBS. Lesley Ann Warren makes her TV debut in the title role. The show becomes an annual tradition.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Zombies - Tell Her No
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- The Ad Libs - The Boy From New York City
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?