Saturday 6 February 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Sverak and Hugh Kennedy.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers.
Red Desert, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alle machen Musik.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1965 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Jan Sverak: Czech film director.
- Hugh Kennedy: American writer with a satirical view of the New York art gallery world.
- Simone Lahbib: Scottish actress best known for her portrayal of idealistic Wing Governor Helen Stewart in the ITV1 drama "Bad Girls.
- Jan Svěrák: Czech actor director and screenwriter.
- Kelly opens and closes at Broadhurst Theater, New York City
- Sir Stanley Matthews plays his final First Division game, at the record age of 50 years and 5 days.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 February 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Sam Cooke - Shake
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?