Monday 22 February 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Borlee and Borlée Twins.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Love, Medicine & Miracles by Bernie S. Siegel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caveman Ugh-Lympics or Donald Land.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1988 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Kevin Borlee: Belgian athlete.
- Borlée Twins: Belgian athlete.
- TJ Smith: YouTube Star.
- SunKissAlba : Instagram Star.
- Ximena Navarrete: Mexican beauty queen, Miss Universe 2010.
- Jonathan Borlée: Belgian sprinter
- Kevin Borlée: Belgian sprinter
- Efraín Juárez: Mexican footballer
- Sebastian Tyrała: Polish-German footballer
- Bonnie Blair skates world record 500 metre (39.10 seconds).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?