Monday 22 February 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rico Mack and Gilbert Brown.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Passenger To Frankfurt by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rock Masters: Neil Young in Concert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1971 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Rico Mack: WLAF linebacker (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Gilbert Brown: NFL defensive tackle (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Lisa Fernandez: Lakewood, California -- Softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Max Lane: NFL tackle (NE Patriots).
- Barry Smith: 100 metre/200 metre runner.
- Mohammed Sylla soccer player (Willem II: FC Martigues).
- Jason Marshall in Cranbrook: British Columbia, Canada; NHL defenseman (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Lea Salonga in Manila: Philippines; singer/actress (Miss Saigon).
- Lea Salonga: Filipina singer and actress who starred in the lead role of Kim in the musical Miss Saigon, for which she won the Olivier, Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics and Theatre World awards. Salonga is the first Filipino artist to sign to an international record label (having been signed to Atlantic Records in 1993). She is also the first Philippine-based artist to have received a major album release and distribution deal in the United States (the second being Charice Pempengco with her 2010 album Charice
- Super Caló: Mexican wrestler
- Giuseppe Veneziano: Italian painter
- Lieutenant General Hafiz al-Assad becomes President of Syria.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 February 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?