Monday 22 February 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Remember Me, directed by Allen Coulter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hjernevask.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CSI: Crime City or Dead to Rights: Retribution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 22 February 2010 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 February
- Falkland Islands sovereignty dispute:
- Colombian President Álvaro Uribe and Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez almost come to blows at the Rio Group summit in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, with Uribe taunting Chávez ampquotBe a man! … you're a coward face-to-face! Stay and argue face-to-face!ampquot and Chávez responding with a simple ampquotGo to Hell!ampquot BBC)
- An American pediatrician from Delaware state is indicted by video evidence on 471 felony counts in the alleged rape and sexual abuse of 103 children. (ABC)
- Desire Petroleum, a British-listed firm, begins drilling for oil at an offshore platform within the territory of the Falkland Islands, amid mounting criticism from Argentina and Venezuela. (BBC)
- Latin America's leaders back Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- China throws a surprise 86th birthday party for President Robert Mugabe in its Zimbabwe embassy in Harare, the first time Mugabe visited a foreign embassy in the country since Zimbabwe won independence in 1980. (Reuters)
- Foreign ministers from the European Union meet in Brussels and ampquotstrongly condemnampquot the use of forged passports from various European countries in the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh. (BBC)
- Afghanistan's government condemns a NATO air strike on a convoy of vehicles in Uruzgan province, in the south of the country, which killed at least 27 civilians. (BBC)
- Conference of the German Bishops chairman Archbishop Robert Zollitsch formally apologises to those who went through sexual abuse as children after fresh controversy surrounding the issue at the beginning of this year. (''Taiwan News'')
- Swiss businessman Max Goeldi, who hid in the Swiss embassy in Libya for 19 months during a diplomatic argument, is taken away in handcuffs and thrown into jail while his colleague Rachid Hamdani is deported. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The European Union and Germany deny a report of a 20-25 billion euro (£22 billion) aid plan for Greece, and Athens pledge again to take new steps if needed to keep tough deficit-cutting plans on target. (Reuters)
- A strike by thousands of pilots at Lufthansa, one of the world's largest airlines, is suspended with negotiations expected to resume. (BBC)
- Odeon Cinemas in Ireland, Italy and the UK confirm their intention to boycott Tim Burton's ''Alice in Wonderland'' in a dispute with Disney. (Sky News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 February 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - St Pauli : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Valencia - Getafe : 2 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Rotherham - Shrewsbury : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Crotone - Lecce : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?