Monday 22 February 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Remember Me, directed by Allen Coulter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while On The Brink by Henry M. Paulson Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent or CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 22 February 2010 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 February
- Falkland Islands sovereignty dispute:
- Colombian President Álvaro Uribe and Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez almost come to blows at the Rio Group summit in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, with Uribe taunting Chávez ampquotBe a man! … you're a coward face-to-face! Stay and argue face-to-face!ampquot and Chávez responding with a simple ampquotGo to Hell!ampquot BBC)
- An American pediatrician from Delaware state is indicted by video evidence on 471 felony counts in the alleged rape and sexual abuse of 103 children. (ABC)
- Desire Petroleum, a British-listed firm, begins drilling for oil at an offshore platform within the territory of the Falkland Islands, amid mounting criticism from Argentina and Venezuela. (BBC)
- Latin America's leaders back Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- China throws a surprise 86th birthday party for President Robert Mugabe in its Zimbabwe embassy in Harare, the first time Mugabe visited a foreign embassy in the country since Zimbabwe won independence in 1980. (Reuters)
- Foreign ministers from the European Union meet in Brussels and ampquotstrongly condemnampquot the use of forged passports from various European countries in the assassination of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh. (BBC)
- Afghanistan's government condemns a NATO air strike on a convoy of vehicles in Uruzgan province, in the south of the country, which killed at least 27 civilians. (BBC)
- Conference of the German Bishops chairman Archbishop Robert Zollitsch formally apologises to those who went through sexual abuse as children after fresh controversy surrounding the issue at the beginning of this year. (''Taiwan News'')
- Swiss businessman Max Goeldi, who hid in the Swiss embassy in Libya for 19 months during a diplomatic argument, is taken away in handcuffs and thrown into jail while his colleague Rachid Hamdani is deported. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The European Union and Germany deny a report of a 20-25 billion euro (£22 billion) aid plan for Greece, and Athens pledge again to take new steps if needed to keep tough deficit-cutting plans on target. (Reuters)
- A strike by thousands of pilots at Lufthansa, one of the world's largest airlines, is suspended with negotiations expected to resume. (BBC)
- Odeon Cinemas in Ireland, Italy and the UK confirm their intention to boycott Tim Burton's ''Alice in Wonderland'' in a dispute with Disney. (Sky News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 February 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - St Pauli : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Valencia - Getafe : 2 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Rotherham - Shrewsbury : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Crotone - Lecce : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Ludacris - How Low
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Sade - Soldier Of Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- El Doctorado - Tony Dize
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Muse - Uprising
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Savior - Rise Against
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Phoenix - 1901
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
An advertising campaign featuring Alice Cooper that both satirizes and promotes modern technology has helped rescue sales at Saturn, a chain of electronics outlets that belongs to Metro Group. [..]
The region still faces significant economic challenges, ranging from deflation in anemic Japan to an over-reliance on exports in places like Taiwan. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $48.55
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $66.60
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.84
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $50.71
- 1 CHF = 6.3426 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5458 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0315 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.145 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?