Thursday 22 March 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Elliott in Perth and Diane Pavich in Melbourne.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two of a Kind.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1962 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Tim Elliott in Perth: Western Australia; Australasia golfer.
- Diane Pavich in Melbourne: Australia; golfer (1993 T50 Alpine Australia Ladies).
- Juan Aguilera: in Spain; tennis star.
- Villano V: Mexican wrestler.
- Aura Abranches: Port actress (Lisboa, O Primo Basilio), dies at 65.
- I Can Get It For You Wholesale opens at Shubert NYC for 300 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- Sam Cooke - Twistin' The Night Away
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?