Friday 30 March 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include M C Hammer [Stanley Kirk Burrell] in Oakland and Hammer .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't Break The Heart That Loves You by Connie Francis.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1962 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- M C Hammer [Stanley Kirk Burrell] in Oakland: California, USA; rapper ("U Can't Touch This").
- Hammer : American musician who signed a multi-record deal in April 1989.
- Laurence Wattrelos: French victim of the flight 370, Malaysia Airlines (with two of her children).
- MC Hammer: American rap musician.
- Mark Begich: American Senator from Alaska.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 March 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Sam Cooke - Twistin' The Night Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?