Wednesday 7 March 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor Dayne [Leslie Wunderman] and Rosana .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Through a Glass Darkly, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1962 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Taylor Dayne [Leslie Wunderman]: on Long Island, New York, USA; vocalist ("I'll Always Love You").
- Rosana : Brazilian singer with a voice that's absolutely clear and to the exact pitch, never out of tune.
- Taylor Dayne: Pop Singer.
- Irma Adlawan: Filipino actress.
- Peter Manley: English darts player.
- Sergei Prikhodko: Russian footballer and manager
- Beatles made their broadcasting debut on BBC radio
- Launch of OSO 1, first astronomy satellite (solar flare data).
- Ash Wednesday Storm: A snow storm batters the Mid-Atlantic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?