Friday 2 March 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Bon Jovi and Jennifer Delora.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Last Year at Marienbad, directed by Alain Resnais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Coming Fury by Bruce Catton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 March 1962 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Jon Bon Jovi: American musician, the superstar leader of "Bon Jovi.
- Jennifer Delora
- Gabriele Tarquini: Italian race car driver.
- Terry Steinbach: American baseball player; made his debut with the Oakland Athletics on 9/12/1986.
- Scott La Rock: American DJ and producer (Boogie Down Productions) (d. 1987).
- Scott Sterling: American musician (Scott La Rock) (d. 1987).
- Paul Farrelly: English journalist and politician.
- Hiroyuki Morioka: Japanese author.
- Tom Nordlie: Norwegian footballer and coach.
- Michael Salinger: American poet and educator.
- Raimo Summanen: Finnish ice hockey player and coach.
- Al Del Greco: NFL kicker (Houston / Tennessee Oilers).
- Philip Jonas in Johannesburg: South Africa; Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Payless-second).
- Jon Bon Jovi [Bongiovi] in Perth Amboy: New Jersey, USA; rocker (Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name").
- Terry Steinbach in New Ulm: Minnesota, USA; catcher (Oakland Athletics).
- Charles Jean de la Vallee-Poussin: Belgian mathematician (Born 1866).
- JFK announces US will resume above ground nuclear testing
- Wilt Chamberlain sets the single-game scoring record in the National Basketball Association by scoring 100 points.
- US President John Kennedy announces US will resume above ground nuclear testing.
- In Burma, the army led by General Ne Win seizes power in a coup d'etat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Gene McDaniels - Chip Chip
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?