Sunday 25 March 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcia Cross and Leon Wood.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Last Plantagenets by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two of a Kind.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 March 1962 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Marcia Cross: American actress, primarily in TV evening soap-style series.
- Leon Wood
- Thom Bierdz
- David Nuttall: English lawyer and politician.
- Auguste Piccard: Swiss explorer/balloonist, dies at age 78.
- Family Affair closes at Billy Rose Theater NYC after 65 performances
- French OAS-leader ex-general Jouhaud arrested
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- Sam Cooke - Twistin' The Night Away
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?