Tuesday 23 March 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
The Penitent Man, directed by Nicholas Gyeney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Change Your Brain, Change Your Body by Daniel G. Amen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Last Song.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cover Orange or Dance Dance Revolution X2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 March 2010 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 March
- U.S. President Barack Obama signs a landmark US$938 billion health-care reform bill in a White House ceremony. Opposition Republicans vowed to repeak the legislation, and 13 states have filed a lawsuit against the federal government over the constitutionality of the legislation. The law is said to make coverage possible for more than 30 million uninsured Americans and end discrimination by insurance companies against people with existing medical conditions.
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen reshuffles his cabinet. (''The Irish Times'')
- Irish cabinet reshuffle:
- A fire tears through a combined residential and office building in Calcutta, India, killing 24 people, including two who leapt to their deaths. (LBS)
- United States issues new warnings of Al-Qaeda threat to attack ships off coast of Yemen (Yahoo News)
- 5,000 people at a rally in the town of Kotli in Pakistan-administered Kashmir vow to wage a holy war to ampquotliberateampquot the disputed Himalayan state of Kashmir from India on 70th anniversary of resolution to seek independence separately from India (Reuters India)
- Middle East:
- Five people are injured by shell fragments resulting from Israeli air raids on a building in the Gaza Strip, in response to ten rockets fired into Israel from the Gaza Strip since Thursday. (Al Jazeera)
- An Israeli soldier (tank crew member) dies due to ampquotfriendly fireampquot aimed at three people thought to be infiltrating a border fence, who turned out to be Palestinian civilians crossing the border in search of employment. (''The New York Times'')
- British MP George Galloway announces the foundation of the first annual University of Palestine in Lebanon. (''The Daily Star'')
- Cowen also re-assigns responsibilities between government departments and changes the titles of some departments. (''The Irish Times'')
- Tony Killeen is appointed Minister for Defence following Willie O'Dea's resignation last month. (''Limerick Leader'')
- An extra ministerial role is given to the Green Party, a member of the government coalition. (''Taiwan News'')
- Brian Lenihan, Jr. retains his role as Minister for Finance in spite of recent health problems. (Reuters)
- The Opposition reacts negatively to the changes, calling it ampquota game of musical chairsampquot. (''Irish Examiner'')
- Nigerian cabinet reshuffle: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan picks new ministers after firing all members of his cabinet last week. (BBC)
- Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir threatens to expel international observers for the first general elections in the country in 21 years, after they called for a delay to deal with ampquotlogisticalampquot problems. (Al Jazeera)
- Libya releases 214 Islamist inmates in what is described as ampquota historic eventampquot. (BBC)
- 88-year-old Heinrich Boere, a former member of the Nazi SS, is sentenced to life imprisonment for the 1944 murder of three Dutch civilians after six decades of legal wrangling. (''The Times'')
- Four German pensioners aged 61 to 80 are found guilty of kidnapping their own financial adviser from his home and driving him 450km (280 miles) to southern Bavaria, with the ringleader and his accomplice being jailed. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 March 2010
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Sevilla - Xerez : 1 - 1
- Sp Gijon - La Coruna : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Clermont - Ajaccio : 3 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Swansea : 5 - 1
- Bristol City - Barnsley : 5 - 3
- Doncaster - Newcastle : 0 - 1
- Ipswich - Plymouth : 0 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Barrow : 0 - 2
- Gateshead - Wrexham : 1 - 0
- Grays - Stevenage : 1 - 2
- Kidderminster - York : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Say Something - Timbaland Featuring Drake
- Robin Thicke - Sex Therapy
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- Ludacris - How Low
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Mientes - Camila
- Colgando En Tus Manos - Carlos Baute Con Marta Sanchez
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Me Enamore De Ti ... - Chayanne
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
- Letter From A Thief - Chevelle
- Snuff - Slipknot
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Resistance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Around the globe, journalism jobs are being cut. In Brussels, the trend is acute, even though the Union is taking on a larger global role. [..]
A committee vote along party lines has effectively deferred a partisan struggle over the financial legislation’s provisions. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $48.42
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.17
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.72
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $53.01
- 1 CHF = 6.4545 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7168 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0401 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.275 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?