Wednesday 8 December 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
How Do You Know, directed by James L. Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Active Life: Explorer or Just Dance 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 8 December 2010 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 December
- With the second launch of the SpaceX Dragon, SpaceX becomes the first privately held company to successfully launch, orbit and recover a spacecraft.
- Clashes between rival clans in northern Somalia kill around 35 people and injure 40 others. (Press TV)
- North Korea launches apparent artillery drills as South Korean and American military officials hold talks. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 18 people are killed during a bomb at a bus terminal in Kohat's main bazaar kills in Pakistan. (CNN)
- John Lennon is celebrated on the 30th anniversary of his murder. (BBC)
- The retired French electrician who recently revealed he had hundreds of Picassos in his possession announces another trove of his art is also in his possession. (AFP via ABC News)
- The Panama Canal is shut to traffic due to heavy rain, the first time it has been shut since the United States invaded in 1989. (CNN)
- 30 corpses have now been retrieved from the recent massive landslide in Colombia. (Al Jazeera)
- 83 prisoners die as a fire breaks out in a prison in Santiago, Chile. (''The Straits Times'')
- 26 people are confirmed dead after a gas explosion at a coal mine in Henan Province in central China. (''China Daily'')
- At least 10 people are killed in crash involving two trains in eastern Bangladesh. (BD News 24)
- 20 per cent of flights at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport are cancelled due to extreme weather. (''The Straits Times'')
- The Eiffel Tower is closed due to snow. (BBC)
- United States diplomatic cables leak:
- Newly released cables report that the British government feared Libya might reduce political relations if Abdelbaset al-Megrahi were to die in jail in Scotland. (AP via ''Herald Sun'')
- Newly released cables reveal America lobbied Russia in an attempt to ensure Visa and MasterCard were not ampquotadversely affectedampquot by new legislation earlier this year. Both companies recently suspended all payments to the WikiLeaks website, reportedly after coming under intense pressure from the U.S. government. (''The Guardian'')
- An open letter is sent to Gillard requesting that she make aampquotstrong statementampquot supporting Assange: signatories include renowned American scholar Noam Chomsky, Australian Greens Senator Bob Brown, army whistleblower Lance Collins and numerous Australian authors including Raimond Gaita, Christos Tsiolkas and Helen Garner. (''Herald Sun'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas says Middle East peace talks are in crisis following Israel's refusal to stop building in settlements. (BBC)
- Following increasing demands from the international community Israel's security cabinet approves a a two-phase move it says will allow exports from the Gaza Strip, though construction materials are to remain banned. (''The Guardian'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 December 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Chievo : 2 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Barcelona B : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Reggina - Albinoleffe : 1 - 2
- Vicenza - Siena : 2 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Academica - Maritimo : 1 - 5
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- The Sex Is Good - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The bank will pay a total of $137 million to settle complaints over its role in a conspiracy to rig bids on municipal bond contracts. [..]
Richard Parsons, chairman of Citigroup, says that the government bailout of financial institutions was a success for all parties involved. When asked if major financial institutions like Citi are still "too big to fail", he says that the issue is ... [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.34
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.45
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.66
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.30
- 1 CHF = 6.7557 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5919 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.975 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.526 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?