Wednesday 24 April 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Keith in Chicago and Tucker Smith.
The Informer, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1935 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Louis Keith in Chicago: Illinois, USA; physician (expert on multiple-births).
- Tucker Smith: American actor, dancer, and singer (d. 1988).
- Paul Klengel: Composer, dies at 80.
- William Christian Bullitt, Jr., the US ambassador to Moscow, hosted the elaborately prepared Spring Ball of the Full Moon which is said to have surpassed all other embassy parties in Moscow's history.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?