Monday 29 April 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Len Weinrib in New York City and Otto M Zykan.
The Devil Is a Woman, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1935 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Len Weinrib in New York City: New York, USA; comedian (Spike Jones Show).
- Otto M Zykan: Composer.
- April Ashley: English model.
- Otis Rush: American singer and guitarist.
- Leroy Carr: American blues singer, songwriter and pianist (Born 1905).
- The first edition of the Vuelta a España is raced and goes on to become one of the 3 Grand Tours of road bicycle racing.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?