Friday 19 April 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Scott and Hans Becherer.
Mark of the Vampire, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1935 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Peter Scott: QC.
- Hans Becherer: American merchandising marketer and CEO of the Deere Corp, working his way to the top through international operations.
- Edwin Lanehart: American teacher and physical culturist who won the double titles of "Mr.
- Dudley Moore: British-American actor, musician and composer who is most widely known as the comedy star of "10" and "Arthur.
- Justin Rigali: American ecclesiastic, Roman Catholic cardinal ordained a priest 4/25/1961, Los Angeles, CA.
- 39th Boston Marathon won by John A Kelley of Massachusetts in 2:32:07.4.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?