Saturday 24 December 1927, Christmas Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Higgins Clark and Donna Martell.
West Point, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1927 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Mary Higgins Clark
- Donna Martell
- Mary Higgins Clark in Bronx: New York, USA; author (A Cry in the Night, Stillwatch).
- Teresa Stich-Randall: US soprano (Vienna State Opera).
- Geoffrey Pearson: Canadian diplomat and author.
- Mary Clark: American author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi - Gene Austin
- Dancing Tambourine - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?